Dr. Ajay K Seth is a board-certified orthopedic hand and upper extremity surgeon located in North Canton Ohio.
Dr. Seth earned his undergraduate medical degree from a combined program at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and Medical College of Wisconsin. He earned a one-year research fellowship in orthopaedic surgery and biomaterials at The Ohio State University, and later completed his orthopaedic residency there. He completed a fellowship in hand, upper extremity, and microvascular surgery from Allegany General Hospital. He has presented nationally on numerous topics, many of which have been adopted in orthopaedic surgery.
At a community hospital in Canton, Ohio, Dr. Seth performed the first successful surgery to allow an amputee to move and feel a prosthetic arm, elbow, and all fingers with her brain, making her the most advanced amputee in the world. It took a 16.5-hour surgery to reroute nerves in the upper arm to give the patient the ability to feel as if a prosthetic hand was her own. Six months after surgery, the patient demonstrated that she could move and feel the advanced prosthetic just by thinking.
Dr. Seth established a relationship with Walter Reed National Military Medical Center Hospital and is presently collaborating with Johns Hopkins University for research and development. Due to a prestigious invitation from surgeons at Walter Reed Hospital, Dr. Seth made a highly-acclaimed speech in Chicago at the First International Symposium on Innovations in Amputation Surgery & Prosthetic Technologies.
Dr. Seth maintains a robust private practice in North Canton, Ohio, seeing over seventy patients each day, and focused solely on hand, elbow, and shoulder issues. He has now completed more than 16,000 surgeries. The Associated Press spread news of the “bionic miracle,” and he has since been featured on the nationally syndicated talk show The Doctors, and in many feature print articles nationally and internationally.
In 2017, Dr. Seth launched the American Bionics Advancement Project to serve in research and development in association with his parent company, Bionic Miracle, LLC, in order to work closely with John Hopkins University on making advancements to improve the quality of amputees‘ lives.
Dr. Seth, whose parents immigrated from New Delhi, India, is a fixture in his community, regularly appearing on sports radio to provide medical analysis on professional athlete injuries as well as answering call-in questions; serving as the physician on call for the Canton Regional SWAT team, training the thirty-six members, and providing medical care during raids and calls around the city; and volunteering medical assistance for local sports teams, as well as coaching and volunteering medical assistance in his children’s schools and athletics.
Dr. Seth knew he wanted to be a doctor in fifth grade and an orthopaedic surgeon by the age of eighteen. Besides his focused medical life, he enjoys creating art and music, playing golf, basketball, and baseball, and spending time with his wife and two children.
Certificates and Awards:
- Graduate Jackson High, 4.19 GPA
- The Canton Repository Teen of the Month
- The Canton Repository Teen of the Year
- The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Medical Science Combined Program Degree
- Medical College of Wisconsin, BSMD
- The Ohio State University, Research Fellowship in Orthopaedic Surgery and Biomaterials
- The Ohio State University, Orthopaedic Residency
- Allegany General Hospital, Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery Fellowship
- Member – American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member – American Medical Association
- Shareholder, Spectrum Orthopaedics, North Canton, Ohio
- Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) Doctor for Canton Police Department
- Keynote Speaker 242nd Marine Corps League Birthday Ball
- Keynote Speaker 21st Century Battlefield Medical Care Symposium